Bar Manager- Job Specification
- Managing stock, and buying stock when required (usually a cash and carry visit once per month)
- Additional stock buying before club events (eg quizzes)
- Organising a bar rota and key access for those people
- Dealing with cash. Note that the Bar Manager does NOT have to be on duty every Tuesday. Cash can be tallied up by whoever does bar duty and stored in the safe behind the bar.
- Implementing a card reader (in conjunction with Treasurer, Graham Pribul)
- Reporting finances to the Treasurer
- Managing clubhouse bookings (although someone else could be delegated to do this) and organising staff for these functions if required. Staff are usually paid for external hires.
- Managing the cleaner
- Reporting any maintenance issues
- Managing who has keys and maintain a register.
Catering Manager – Job Specification
Christine Foy has produced a more detailed list of how she has carried out the role, but in summary:
- Anyone preparing or serving food MUST have a food and hygiene certificate (a couple of hours of online course)
- Serving refreshments at all club home fixtures, including officials lunches (provided free) and sales to others at a profit.
- Probably no more than 10 events per annum (5 graded meetings plus whatever home matches we host in the leagues)
- Managing stock of non-perishable food/drink and consumables such as cups
- Buying in perishable items (bread, milk, sandwich fillings etc) shortly before each event
- Managing prices, recording finances and dealing with cash
- Reporting to the Club Treasurer, Graham Pribul.
- Teas/coffees have been served in the clubhouse on a Tuesday evening and there is scope to extend this to Saturday morning Wasps sessions. Organise a rota of helpers who might be willing to do this.