This year's English Schools Championships were held at Gateshead last weekend. In a reduced format with each of the three days allocated to just one age group the Championships as usual were of a high standard. Woodford performances were led by gold medals for Simbi Sikiru and Danny Raymond.
The Southern Athletics League team were able to use home advantage to take a comfortable win in the second fixture on Sunday 11 July. The overall league is determined by the best result of the season, and Woodford’s final 360.2 was just 0.63points better than Havering achieved in the first match which they hosted. The gap in the match itself was much wider, with Havering almost 50 points behind, followed by Thurrock, Ilford and Newham & Essex Beagles.
Entries are now open for the Open Graded Meetings on 27th July and 10th August.
Information & entries
More Articles ...
- Personal Bests for Nabil Tezkratt and Emma Botham at 2nd NAL fixture
- NAL 2 Copthall
- Tokyo Olympics selection confirmed for Dan Rowden, Phil Norman and Ofili sisters
- Muller British Championships and Olympic Trials
- Super Saturday for Woodford Green w EL Young Athletes brings three new Club Records
- Young Athlete Helper MIYA reaches 50